FAA Accredited Teachers are members who fulfil the requirements listed below. They have been approved by the National Council and are entitled to use the letters AAT (FAA) to denote such qualification provided they remain a member of an affiliated association.
To gain an AAT, one must hold an FAA Diploma of Astrology, and have successfully taught a minimum of six students through the Calculation and Interpretation examinations. In those cases where two people are teaching in partnership, both must hold an FAA Diploma and eight students from the teaching partnership must successfully complete the Calculation and Interpretation examinations.
Within each state there are teachers working towards attaining AAT status and using the FAA Exam syllabus in preparation for the FAA Exams. The best way to discover who may be teaching astrology in your area is to contact your State Association Exam Board liaison person.
- Choosing an Astrology Teacher
When choosing an astrology teacher there are many issues to consider, such as:
- Have you spoken to someone who can recommend the astrology teacher?
- Do you really understand what you want to achieve from your lessons?
- Does the person teach from a recognised syllabus, with an accredited examination system?
- Does the teacher have a recognised astrology qualification?
- How long is the course?
- Where and when will the lessons be conducted?
- How much does it cost?
- Will you receive manuals and reference material?
- How many students are in the classes?
- Current FAA Accredited Teachers